Custom Search

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

5 Ways to stay focused

5, Ways, stay, focused, focus, office, work

Each of us lose control of our mind during the day, and sometimes we get tired quickly if we can't reach back to the focus state. Therefore, I will present several techniques to stay focused.

For me there are so many things to do, e-mails to read, articles to write, documents that have to be done at work on schedule, that I easily lose my focus. In my case, working on many things doesn't work out, because I lose my focus, and I can't do any of them right.

So, here are some techniques, I’ve learnt from a friend, not so long time ago:

1. Define your goal. Start your work by having a goal, a clear point of what goal you need to achieve. Do not hurry, and take your time, to do this, and to set your target. Without setting a goal, your focus will be lost immediately. You can help yourself doing this, by writing down your goals. Once you've done that, if you ever lose your focus, just take a look to the paper and you'll regain your focus.

2. Stay relaxed. Staying relaxed is very important, not only because stress is one of the worst enemies, but also because working on stress make your work turning into junk. Stress will not let you focus, and will not let you finish your work on time. In addition, even if you do finish on time, and have your work done, you'll be so tired. Staying relaxed is hard, I have to admit, but try to drink a glass of water when you feel you lose control and begin to feel stressed. Try to focus on your breath once in a while, and try not to stay on your chair all day.

3. Track your progress. Tracking your progress will regain your self confidence, will convince your mind that you are making progress, and that you must continue to achieve what you want. Tracking gives you a wide-angle view regarded to what you have done to that point. By tracking, you can also measure and divide your effort equally so you can reach the end.

4. Plan ahead your work. Planning ahead, is almost as important as tracking, the only difference is that by planning you will know what you have to do next, and you won't lose your focus. By doing this, I found that looking at goals and at tasks will help you understand better what you have to do, will help you do it faster and better.

5. Have a positive state of mind. Having a positive state of mind will help you get your work done well by helping your mind do good things, better things. Having good habits can consistently help you get more things done better. I found that I get very productive when I have positive thoughts and when my mind is in a positive state. Stay focused and follow these patterns.

Here is an example of how I have applied these techniques in blogging:

- write 2 articles every day
- write 50 articles a month
- plan topics for future posts
- getting up early, and start writing a post before going to work
- go to sleep at a normal hour, so I will not be tired the next day
etc.

These 5 techniques can be applied with success in any domain, and you can apply them every day in your life, with all the things that you have to do. However, what worked and works for me, might not work for you, but you can try it anyway, you might have a better day y doing this. If you have any other techniques that work better than the 5 I wrote, please leave a comment.

Written by: Alexandru Hategan

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

  © Blogger template 'LonelyTree' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP